For those of you sick of constant coverage of “Deflategate“, you are in luck. A major blizzard is heading our way, reportedly dropping from 2 to 3 feet of snow, and taking over coverage in the media. So, instead of “Deflategate“, be prepared for “Blizzard 2015“.
Here is what you need to know:
The Waltham Public Library: The library will be closing today (Monday, January 26) at 5:00 pm and will be closed all day tomorrow (Tuesday, January 27). Please check our website or call us (781-314-3425) to inquire about our Wednesday hours.
Parking Ban (Snow Emergency): There is a declared snow emergency for 6:00 pm this evening. This means there is no street parking after 6 pm. City and school lots will be available for use after 4:30 pm.
Emergency Shelter: An emergency shelter will be available at the Bright School on the corner of Bright and Grove Streets. The shelter will be open at 7 pm (on Monday, January 26).
Waltham Public Schools: The Waltham Public Schools will be closed on Tuesday, January 27.
(Thanks to the City of Waltham Winter Weather Center for a lot of this information)
Live Wires Down, Flooding, or Road Blocked: 911
Snow Plow/Ice Related Issue: CPW, 781-314-3855
Towed Vehicles: Non-emergency Police, 781-314-3600
School Closings: Waltham Public Schools, 781-314-5440
Statewide Non-Emergency and Shelter Services: 211, provided by the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency and the Council of Massachusetts United Ways
What to Watch, Read, Listen: In case you don’t make it to the library before we close, you still have options for reading books, watching movies or television shows, or listening to music through one of our online subscriptions:
- Download an e-book, an audio book, or stream a movie through our subscription to Overdrive.
- Stream a movie, a television show, or music through our subscription to Hoopla. Guaranteed availability of all titles!
- Download a free song for your Ipod or computer through our subscription to Freegal.
- Learn a new language through our subscription to Mango Languages.
- Research your family tree through our subscription to Heritage Quest.