Join Philip Cronin at the Waltham Public Library on Monday April 6th at 7:00 pm for memories of Grover Cronin’s. Philip, one of the storied Cronin family, will be giving a talk on his years with the store and the people there who made it a success for so many years. He has donated thirty years of the Grover Cronin Compass to the Library’s Local History Room, and the thirty volumes will be there for you to browse through. Come join us for a fascinating talk and reception with coffee, tea and cookies!
posted by Janice
1. Well, Todd did steal my first one at the succesful Video Game program, but I’m happy to say that we had 15 teenagers rocking it out to Rock Band in our lecture hall during February vacation.
2. Succesful Bright Lights programs, such as cake decorating, Health Care assistance for retirees, poetry writing, and “What Do We Do with Rest of our Lives”. We’re looking forward to knitting classes, watercolor classes, beauty tips, and our first daytime book club.
3. The wonderful support of the school librarians and allowing me to participate in their book clubs at the high school and McDevitt Middle School.
3. Computer classes are being offered again thanks to the folks at SAHELI.
4. Thanks to the Friends of the Waltham Public Library, we are about to have three new laptops (which will bring the number circulating laptops up to 6 just as soon as I am finished getting them ready).
The Waltham Public Library now has a Facebook Page! If you are a member of Facebook please become a fan and show your support of the library. View upcoming events, look at photos and watch relevant videos such as this one: (also featured on YouTube)