In the wake of the indescribably awful earthquake and tsunami in Japan, here are some resources for those of you who want help or trying to find more information.
- American Red Cross
- Save the Children’s Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Children in Emergency Fund
- Plan International (formerly Foster Parents Plan)
- International Medical Corps
- Doctors without Borders
- New York Times List of Relief Organizations
- Yahoo List of Relief Organizations
- Better Business Bureau Page to Check up on a Charity: Look Here before Donating to an unfamiliar organization
- United States Government Page on Current Situation in Japan
- United States Department of State: For Those who are trying to obtain information about family and loved ones.
JapanEmergencyUSC@state.gov; 1.888.407.4747. (If you are inquiring about someone outside of Japan, e-mail PacificTsunamiUSC@state.gov).
- United States Embassy in Japan
- Embassy of Japan in the United States
- Web Coverage of the Japan Earthquake from Boston.com
- Google Person Finder for those in Japan living in the quake area
- New York Times Coverage