The Waltham Public Library provides four study rooms to be used by Minuteman library card holders in good standing
Study Rooms can accommodate four occupants. Larger groups can find information on reserving Meeting Rooms here.
- Study Rooms 1 and 2 are available daily on a first come, first served basis, for two hours per day per group. Patrons may
stay in the room past two hours until the room is needed by another patron, but may be asked to leave at any time.
- Study Rooms 3 & 4 may be reserved one month ahead of time, starting the 20th of the previous month.
Study Rooms must be vacated and the keys must be returned to the reference desk five minutes before the library closes. Failure to do so may result in loss of study room privileges.
Library staff will make every effort to accommodate preferences for specific study rooms, but reserve the right to change room assignments if necessary. In some cases, a librarian may ask patrons to use a different room than the one requested.
Reservations for Study Rooms 3 & 4
Reservations made be made by calling the Reference Desk, 781-314-3425 x3 or visiting in person.
Study Rooms 3 & 4 may be reserved for up to 2 hours per day per group. Patrons may stay in the room past two hours
until the room is needed by another patron, but may be asked to leave at any time.
Reservations will be held for 10 minutes past the reserved time, after which the room will be available to others, unless the
reserving patron calls the reference desk to inform them. Those who miss reservations more than three times in one month, or who are consistently more than ten minutes late may lose the privilege of reserving study rooms.
Please note while using the Study Rooms:
- Damage to the room or furniture is a criminal offense (MGL, CH. 266, Sec 85G).
- General library rules apply in the study rooms, including policies regarding unattended children, disruptive behavior and leaving personal belongings unattended.
- Patrons meeting each other for study room use must communicate with each other directly; library employees are unable to act as intermediaries, and will not relay messages from one member of the group to another. In accordance with Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 78, Section 7, and sections regarding patron privacy, library staff cannot verify the presence or whereabouts of anyone using the study rooms.
- The Waltham Public Library reserves the right to close the building or change its hours during inclement weather or exceptional circumstances without prior notification. It is the responsibility of the patron reserving the room to call ahead to check for closures.
- Failure to abide by these rules may result in the loss of Study Room privileges.
Approved by the Waltham Public Library Board of Trustees January 2015.
Click here for a printer-friendly copy of this page.